Catch Can rape alternative

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just to confirm before ordering, is this the correct part# from JLT? 3016P-B

Also video link in post #37 shows sliding the hoses on, while others say there attached? Some pictures so a ragged cut hose while other show a fitted style end.

Last edited:

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3016P-B (Black Anodized)
Is the correct part number.

I think that video may be old. All the website photos show the connections are already installed.

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I just installed the JLT 3016P-B only to find out the bracket is to tall. Guess I will cut it in the morning and drill and tap it so it will be short enough so I can close the hood.

2017 Platinum.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I just installed the JLT 3016P-B only to find out the bracket is to tall. Guess I will cut it in the morning and drill and tap it so it will be short enough so I can close the hood.

2017 Platinum.

I am guessing you get the bracket that mounts to the battery box not the firewall?
Pretty sure they updated it to the battery box which fits the F150s not the Expedition.
If you call I believe they will send you the firewall bracket.

Looks like they have since changed the part number for the older F150s and all Expeditions
JLT 3036P-B
JLT 3016P-B looks to be for the newer F150s

Last edited:

Geargambler

Reaction score
For those following this thread, I found that some mustang folks have the oil separator for sale on ebay for much less than buying new. I’ll be picking one of those up and modifying it to lengthen the hoses so it works for my 2017 expedition limited. If it works, I’ll do a quick write up on it. Should save us all a bunch of $$. The one I’m picking up is a JLT for a 2014 mustang, locally, for 50$.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JLT all the way. Have had one on my 16 for 15k miles and it collects some nasty shit. They are about 20 minutes from where I live

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Newbie Dumb question here. What does the catch can do and I why do I need it?

I'm guessing that it sucks oil vapors from the crankcase and collects it in a can so that they don't foul the intake valves. But I'm new to turbos, so I thought I should ask.

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Newbie Dumb question here. What does the catch can do and I why do I need it?

I'm guessing that it sucks oil vapors from the crankcase and collects it in a can so that they don't foul the intake valves. But I'm new to turbos, so I thought I should ask.
You're a pretty good guesser... Pretty much nailed it.