Catch Cans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry McNeil

Reaction score
Hi guys. Is there a way to know for sure what gen my 2017 expi is? Its manufacture date is late in the year (Sept) and I'm trying to determine if I really need a catch can. I understand their function, but do not know if my particular engine has the direct injection or back to the dual or is it manifold injection? OR, does it really make a difference? Seems a worthwhile exercise to not be reinjecting all that crankcase blowby in any case.

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dual port/direct injection system didn’t get added to the expedition until generation 4, 2018 and later.

OrLo

Reaction score
Lokiwolf I’m currently looking at catch cans and saw a video on the jlt cans. But they offer passengers and driver side options… having a 15’ expedition, I’m trying to figure out which one I need. Can you assist please.

OrLo

Reaction score
Never mind just found it’s passenger side, also saw different brand, c&l or something like that, saw it on American trucks website