CD player slot...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting... I wonder if the USB/input needed to be used for something else? So strange...

My interior guy is busy at the moment, will hopefully be able to get to it in a week or two. Have a few projects I'll need help with...

View attachment 36287

You weren’t the one complaining about the dark cargo area. You going to have him French those into the headliner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AKentPhoto

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Fozzy Ha,
He is building an entire interior for a "show truck" in two weeks by himself. Dude is a beast and can do damn near anything. He used to have a full car audio business but decided to cut overhead and focus on the big builds. Now he has a shop behind his house and people come to him. He couldn't have picked a better time.

The Flex are going on the sdhq mounts for the time being. They might end up out back if I'm able to get a bar in the bumper but that is going to require relocating the IC to the upper grille.

I know you are into sxs, do you use radios at all? Ever consider using the truck as a repeater?

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been thinking about ordering the LGE-CTS lower bumper mount with the FLEX lights.

I have not used a radio as a repeater. I have a Rugged 60 Watt in my RV and SXS’s plus a lot of baufang handhelds. I also have a Icom/PCI spare I might put in the Expy. I know how to program them but not how to use repeaters. I have considered buying my own frequency for our group. All the off road channels are getting crowded. And that’s causing a stink with the HAM guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AKentPhoto

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah,
I have yet to get my amateur license... I mostly just listen but I will say the range is necessary when doing group high speed off road driving.

I was going to try and mount a radio where the CD player is but I just discovered a "headless" radio that uses BT and an app to program the radio. Brilliant! Because it has Bluetooth they offer a PTT button you can put on the steering wheel so you can use the in car mic and speakers or even a headset/airpods...

Best description...
https://www.buytwowayradios.com/vgc-vr-n7500.html

In stock, super fast shipping.
https://www.gigaparts.com/vero-vr-n...kTnrs-68EqPjatDqUrblN-Gm21E6qHEcaApC_EALw_wcB

Screenshot_20200529-005348_Chrome.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze