Center compartment losing things!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobward757

Reaction score
2019 Expy. Any time I place something on the forward sliding door it inevitably slides forward into the netherworld. I’ve tried everything to retrieve the items that have slid into there with no avail. Does anybody know of any access to that area behind the forward compartment underneath the heater control? Is there any simple way to retrieve those items? The picture below will illustrate. Many thanks

Attachments

• 1130D50F-FA7B-4E1C-B82A-2EC3D2DDD94B.jpeg
    1130D50F-FA7B-4E1C-B82A-2EC3D2DDD94B.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 53

Lawrence T-D

Reaction score
2019 Expy. Any time I place something on the forward sliding door it inevitably slides forward into the netherworld. I’ve tried everything to retrieve the items that have slid into there with no avail. Does anybody know of any access to that area behind the forward compartment underneath the heater control? Is there any simple way to retrieve those items? The picture below will illustrate. Many thanks
Yes! My daughter lost her Visa card down there a year ago. My truck was in to get the A/C unit behind the dash replaced (thankfully under extended warranty!!) for which they had to pull the whole dash out. And voila! They found her card. I did lose a card of my own down there not long after I bought the truck. I was able to pry the trim in the foot well near the gas pedal out a little and it slid out. Try that.

mpc11

Reaction score
A couple of other threads that may have helpful info for you..

Lawrence T-D

Reaction score
Yes! My daughter lost her Visa card down there a year ago. My truck was in to get the A/C unit behind the dash replaced (thankfully under extended warranty!!) for which they had to pull the whole dash out. And voila! They found her card. I did lose a card of my own down there not long after I bought the truck. I was able to pry the trim in the foot well near the gas pedal out a little and it slid out. Try that.

GT350driver

Reaction score
Im gonna head over to Oreilys Auto Parts and see if they have the perfect size rubber tubing that I can cut to length and press snuggly into that space just out of sight and work as a stop.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A small section of stick on foam insulation tape is great for preventing item sliding into the where did that go world.