Center Console Armrest Storage Light - Don't Touch It

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A Public Service Announcement

If you have an Expy or Navi with the nice courtesy light which sits inside the center arm rest storage bin, unless it's inop, don't touch it. Ever. Leave it be, it's perfect the way it is and to my amazement it's already an LED (at least on my 2016)

dont-touch-it.jpeg

I on the other hand, did not know it was already an LED. Since I've already replaced all my bulbs with LEDs, this was the last bulb I needed to replace (or so I thought).

As I tried to carefully remove the lens, I mistakenly pushed the entire thing into the hole, where it fell into a completely inaccessible spot. Naturally this means I broke a clip off of one side, which led me to use putty to hold the thing in place (which to be fair, worked very well).

In order to get access to this thing, you must disassemble a significant part of the center console. After attempting to find all the bolts and clips on my own for an hour, I found the video below which explains exactly what you need to do. Thank you to the gentleman that put this up, this was a HUGE help. I will happily send a case of beer to your house.

If you do in fact need to access this bulb, wear gloves. Below is why I suggest this, you will need to reach into some tight spaces with sharp edges.
IMG_0118.jpeg

However, I did learn how to disassemble some things, was able to clean some previously inaccessible crevices and found a couple places where I'll be adding felt to stop some squeaks. So I got that going for me....which is nice.

so-ive-got-that-goin-for-me-which-is-nice.jpeg

-G

Last edited: