Center console vault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Evening everyone,

As I was browsing the forum tonight I came across a thread about center console organizers. I see there are a few interesting looking options on Amazon, but I really was interested in a vault. I know Ford sells one but it turns the entire console into a vault, which is too much for my needs. I just want to have a place to store my pistol if I have to remove it (post office, etc). I did a google search and came across this:

https://www.americantrucks.com/e-g-...CmqD7Nug2YA93KfLSIcaAtHXEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Anyone have this? Any concerns about it not fitting? I assume it should be fine but anyone else here know of any reason why it wouldn’t? Tempted to pick it up as I think it would be just about perfect. Big enough to hold my P365 or Shield, some mags/ammo, and still retain half the console for “regular” use.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I have a regular single weapon vault bolted to the back of one of my second row seats. Some may say I can't get to it quickly. I say why do I need a second weapon quickly... It's for emergencies and secure storage only.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a console vault in my '17 F350...before I bought the '20 Expy I check the part numbers and they are exactly the same p/n.

I removed the console vault from our super duty and re-installed it in my '20 Expy...fits perfect.

STORY: I have a dash cam. My truck was towed and on the dash cam you can hear the tow truck driver BANGING on something metallic...and I mean he is beating the snot out of something....turns out he was beating on the console vault handle trying to break in to the safe...he was unable to get in and eventually just gave up!

https://www.consolevault.com/Ford-Expedition-Console-Vault-2018-2019.html

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a console vault in my '17 F350...before I bought the '20 Expy I check the part numbers and they are exactly the same p/n.

I removed the console vault from our super duty and re-installed it in my '20 Expy...fits perfect.

STORY: I have a dash cam. My truck was towed and on the dash cam you can hear the tow truck driver BANGING on something metallic...and I mean he is beating the snot out of something....turns out he was beating on the console vault handle trying to break in to the safe...he was unable to get in and eventually just gave up!

https://www.consolevault.com/Ford-Expedition-Console-Vault-2018-2019.html
So did you ever report the tow tru k driver? I’ve found myself saying this a few times this week, people suck. What the heck, you’re paying for his services and he feels obligated to steal from you. POS.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
FWIW, the glove box is the first place a thief checks. Bushpilot got lucky the thief driver was a moron. Those boxes are relatively easy to get into with a simple screw driver or prybar. I also bolted my box to the back of my second row because that's the last place they'll look in the interior.

Artie,
Most tow drivers don't own the truck they're driving. AAA calls might get paid $10-$15 per call. Also depends on the tow company.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So did you ever report the tow tru k driver? I’ve found myself saying this a few times this week, people suck. What the heck, you’re paying for his services and he feels obligated to steal from you. POS.

I didn't have him on video so nothing to prove...theyre all liars and cheating thieves!
He couldn't get into the safe (and luckily I didn't have anything IN the safe).

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FWIW, the glove box is the first place a thief checks. Bushpilot got lucky the thief driver was a moron. Those boxes are relatively easy to get into with a simple screw driver or prybar. I also bolted my box to the back of my second row because that's the last place they'll look in the interior.

given enough time anything can be broken into...he may have stopped when realized there was a dash cam (too bad the lens wasn't pointed at him or id be going public w/ the info/company & pictures)!

I agree these things aren't difficult to break into...its just another barrier and for some instances it exceeds my personal liability requirement (its better then keeping a gun under the seat...which I would never do)!

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
MxRacer965 said:
...I really was interested in a vault. I know Ford sells one but it turns the entire console into a vault, which is too much for my needs. I just want to have a place to store my pistol if I have to remove it (post office, etc). I did a google search and came across this:

https://www.americantrucks.com/e-g-...CmqD7Nug2YA93KfLSIcaAtHXEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
I was too and I didn't come across that one when I was looking. Nice option. The ford one looks like it renders the console useless if you want to use space above it and also have access. I like this one you've found... It's what I'd go with now that I know it'd fit, so, thanks everyone for the input!