Changed my oil and installed fumoto.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cajunman

Reaction score
So I changed my oil today and it makes me wonder why ford hates me so much. Pain in the butt oil filter design, and that seems to be the norm. 2000 mercury and Taurus had filter above the starter. Good news is I have the fumoto valve installed so drains will be so much easier in the future.

OP
OP
C

Cajunman

Reaction score
The F137N, it has the long nipple. From now on I am going to hook a hose up and drain it straight into my recycling bucket, no transfer or anything else. Also convenient for taking oil samples.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2017 and I installed the Fumoto F107SX 12mm-1.75
It has a through bolt that allows you to position the output nipple 360 degrees https://www.fumotousa.com/SX.html
While it does increase the time needed to drain the oil because of it's smaller diameter, the ease of draining and ability to drain into a recycle container is worth it.

cga7806

Reaction score
As a new to me 2021 Expedition owner I attempted my 1st oil change last week just to discover the idiotic and cheap shield that blocks the drain plug. As I can't see dealing with this thing for each oil change then I have 2 choices: remove it or install a Fumoto plug. Any comments on either approach? I'm sure the "shield", however poorly designed could provide some level of protection to the plastic transmission pan and hoses. I have never used a Fumoto plug but assume they are safe to use. Any suggestions on how to set one up with the shield in place, such as leaving a short hose attached for draining the oil and storing it up under the shield?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni