Charging system light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCGator

Reaction score
Charging system light came on then went out. 3 or 4 different times different days. Had system checked. Batery good, alternator good, charging system good, starting system good. Belt in good condition. Anyone experience this and has a solution?

OP
OP
W

WCGator

Reaction score
No, I bought it used. Don't know the alt age.
Alt out put is 14.4v.
Computer analyst shows alt good with regulation and diodes pass inspection.
I'm wanting to take a trip but not till I get this solved.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tough call then. But if it's a rebuilt alternator from someplace like Advance Auto or OReillys it can cause these problems. Only way to eliminate it as a possible cause is to replace it with a NAPA or Motorcraft branded alternator of the 110 amp variety. Do Not install a 135 amp alternator unless your Expedition came with FACTORY Navigation, which is very rare in the Gen2's . You inspected the harness and alternator plug I assume.

Ford Expedition Alternators at Rock Auto

dolphans1

Reaction score
I have been having the same issue on my 2003 Ford expedition Eddie Bauer and it has been going on for over seven years, but at times the light would turn off, now it’s just intermittent. It comes on and goes off. I have taken The expedition to AutoZone and they said everything is fine. The battery charge is fine it holds to charge. I have no issues other than the Check Charging System light, so I’m wondering if it’s some sort of intermittent oxidation issue in the electronics somewhere. It just becomes annoying because when the light comes on. It gives that awful chime sound that’s annoying like a non fasten seatbelt sound, but if there’s anybody from Ford know of what might be the solution or culprit to resolve this issue. Were you able to get yours resolved?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank1971