cheap ass wheel spacers...**** happens.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Thunderbirdsport

Thunderbirdsport

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The "why" of the reason I decided to run spacers isn't so relevant as compared to "why" it (they, collectively) failed...

I too stand by cheap studs being the root cause. I checked the torque on the studs just a few days prior...all were "normal" torque for Ford lugs, but apparently not for cheap chinese shit pot metal studs.

I'd think that something like grade 5 strength isn't enough for 100+ pounds of torque on a stud. For sure, not these. Even the spacer body is aluminum.
I'm about to start a return on these (if it's not been too long since purchase). I'll keep this updated with regards to my results.

And the window for a return is past. Jesus, I'm irritated with this shit.

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The "why" of the reason I decided to run spacers isn't so relevant as compared to "why" it (they, collectively) failed...

I too stand by cheap studs being the root cause. I checked the torque on the studs just a few days prior...all were "normal" torque for Ford lugs, but apparently not for cheap chinese shit pot metal studs.

I'd think that something like grade 5 strength isn't enough for 100+ pounds of torque on a stud. For sure, not these. Even the spacer body is aluminum.
I'm about to start a return on these (if it's not been too long since purchase). I'll keep this updated with regards to my results.

And the window for a return is past. Jesus, I'm irritated with this shit.

They weren't grade 8.?

Should be Grade 8 at a minimum, best would be 12.9 for spacers.

Yeah send them back.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Send a report to DHSMV. That product is a danger to driver, passengers and everyone in their way when those wheels pop off.

Yikes. I am staying with my OEM wheels even though they need to be refurbished.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wouldn't there be even greater stress on those bolts simply by the increased leverage of spacing the wheel further from the chassis center of gravity?

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wouldn't there be even greater stress on those bolts simply by the increased leverage of spacing the wheel further from the chassis center of gravity?

The increased stress is seen at the wheel bearing and ball joints.