Cheapest HP gain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Go with a Edge Programmer...for the money you cant go wrong and you can adjust trans shift points with the Edge to shift not only firmer but earlier when towing...earlier shift points help keep the trans fluid cooler....also with the edge you can monitor trans fluid temps...Call Mark Haywood at Edge Performance 888-360-3343 let him know your a member of this forum and I told you to call him...they have some special pricing...I love my Edge...great performance and what I have saved in gas it has paid for itself more than once..

IAExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
racing stripes, giant spoiler, fake scoop on the hood, some running lights and a kickin stereo system, should be pushing 1200hp

OP
OP
J

JayDe

Reaction score
Yeah well next year upgrade maybe. Thinking maybe a converter, you know, converts gasoline to noise...Fart cannons

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Eddie Bauer with the 5.4 I've done the Gotts mod and added a K&N filter. I drive it daily but also use it to pull my camper and boat. What would everyone do for the next step up in HP? I was thinking a cat-back exhast like a Gibson or so. Or would everyone go for a programmer first?

One of the best bangs for the buck would be changing rear gear ratio but it depends on what you have in it currently and 2wd vs 4wd. You would also need some sort of programmer to compensate for the change.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
racing stripes, giant spoiler, fake scoop on the hood, some running lights and a kickin stereo system, should be pushing 1200hp

worked for me!
that "ricer" guy is just jealous, regretting all the money he spent on headers and such bling.