Cheep struts!!! Motorcraft. Rockauto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbtech2003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a heads up to all you 04-06 expos out there. Rockauto has motorcraft complete struts on close out. Just put a set in my self. All 4. Get em while you can!!!!

A2FBDCD0-1586-40F0-8984-7EAF261BE695.png

B36F5C09-3387-4335-9D23-2181F26DE819.jpeg

DA550FA1-8108-4A07-8E92-A82F0F9C2BD1.jpeg

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do they have a Motorcraft part number engraved on them ? That price seems rediculously cheap for Motorcraft parts.

OP
OP
mbtech2003

mbtech2003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shocks have the part numbers Ground off where the oem tags are . Came in motorcraft boxes. Maybe a lower line parts. But for a 05 with 180k I have. I didn’t care. Will be the last set it gets. From me anyway. Look the same as the factory ones it came with. And it rides perfect.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting. For $167 for all 4 as long as they work well for a year or two its a decent deal, assuming someone does their own labor. Very little to lose in that situation other than time and some scraped knuckles perhaps. If they look the same, ride the same, maybe they are?

The private label thing seems kind of odd along w the ground off numbers but perhaps that is part of the closeout situation, essentially no warranty other than through rockauto. I've seen stranger things before with other products and the deal was actually as good as it looks.

When you say rides perfect, do you mean compared to 180k old suspension or actually like close to new? Springs don't seem more harsh that orignal or anything else? Our perveptipn can get a little skewed after riding on old stuff for awhile.

I am about a day shy of turning 230k and I was planning on throwing on a set of the KYB this spring. If these truly are decent I'll grab a set.

OP
OP
mbtech2003

mbtech2003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put a set of ranchos in my wife’s expo. That I took out. Horrible. I’ve used cheepo shocks in other cars like Subarus and alike. The kybs I put in my uncles jeep were too soft for me. These seem like factory ride replacements. Not too hard not too soft. Like oem. Aftermarket can be close. But not the same ride quality. I do have the lift spacers. But that doesn’t really change much. I am quite happy with this purchase.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i cannot imagine any reason for grinding off serial numbers that would justify buying them.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would these work for converting from air ride to struts?

strutmaster.com and theyre in our vendor section so you get a discount

i put sunoco conversion springs on from ebay and been on 6yrs now

Password

Full Access Members
Reaction score
tempting.

Those FCS are garbage btw, ask me how I know.

Brent Harward

Reaction score
NO NO NO. Don't go to all the work of replacing your struts and put FoMoCo's back in there. Not to be rude. But that is dumb and dumber! Nice photos though.