CLASSIC AND DREADED HVAC PROBLEMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

FordMafia

Reaction score
@Fastcar turns out all my actuators went bad besides front mode which is why I'm still hearing the knocking. I made a new post with a breakdown of all the actuators there are to my knowledge. Might as well get at the mode door in front also before I need it and it doesn't work

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just had all 5 actuators (3 front and 2 rear) replaced on my 2011. The one behind the radio was the second time in 3 years, the other 2 in front I did as a pre-emptive measure. 1 of the rears was starting to make noise, so I did both, again pre-emptive.

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had this problem several years ago on my 2018. The dealer wanted to replace all of the actuators. My profession is a service technician on office machines, so I had a discussion with the service tech. The odds of all of the actuators/blend doors failing at the same time is beyond logic. They replaced one anyway. Problem persisted. I insisted the problem was likely with the HVAC control module. I told them if that wasn’t it then it was likely a short somewhere, and God help us all! That was replaced, and no problems since.