Click from starter Relay No start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Fisher

Reaction score
Were you ever able to figure this out? It sounds like I have the same problem.
Everything works except when I turn the key, the starter relay clicks but it doesn't start. I can jump it at the solenoid and it starts right up and runs fine. An=m I correct that this is what you had? What was the solution?

James Fisher

Reaction score
Ironic that we are having the same problem yet I can't find anyone else who has. My next step is to try to figure out what wire goes to the trigger wire out of the fuse box. I think it's the yellow/lt. blue. still need to figure out which connector.
Good luck! I'll post if I find anything.wire schematic.jpg

James Fisher

Reaction score
I just solved mine. On the side of the fuse panel there are two plus. One has fat wires. That was hard to pull out and when i got it out there was a bit of corrosion on one blade. I reinserted it and viola. I Hope yours is that simple.
Good luck.

Dix_

Reaction score
Were you ever able to figure this out? It sounds like I have the same problem.
Everything works except when I turn the key, the starter relay clicks but it doesn't start. I can jump it at the solenoid and it starts right up and runs fine.

Just because a relay makes a noise doesn't mean it's good. The internal contacts could be toast. Have you tried jumping the relay's 12v path at the relay pin locations? (the pin socket locations for relay pins 30 & 87 - use a bent paper clip)

Also, test for a good solid 12v at pin 30. (use a voltmeter, not a test light) Check the voltage on the paper clip jumper WHILE it's inserted. A significant voltage drop while trying to supply power to the load is a classic sign of excessive resistance in the circuit. (bad/oxidized connections)

If you have a good solid 12v at pin 30, & no (or reduced) voltage getting to the starter solenoid's 12v input with a jumper in place of the relay, then you're not getting a good connection between pin 87 & the solenoid.

Last edited:

jaimexpedition

Reaction score
Can the fuseable link be bad and still allow the fuse box and ingtion to have power but not allow it to start
Were you able to fix this issue?? I have the same problem. I have no ground signal from the ECU to the starter relay. If I jump the starter relay the engine cranks for it wont start even with ignition on the run position. Any ideas on what else to check ??