Climate control auto mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

verna2197

Reaction score
When I put my system in auto mode the heat only comes out on the floor. When in auto I thought that it would come out on floor and thru dash, anyone else have this. I have a 2017

Plati

Reaction score
You did look in the Owners Manual, right?
No offense … sometimes people forget this step.
I know on my 2014 I can adjust where the air blows out.

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Both GM and Ford auto climate controls seem to like to default to a trickle of hot air from the floor once the interior has reached the appropriate temp

I assume its working on the theory that heat rises so a constant trickle of hot air will permeate the cabin.

What I find is I end up with a burning right foot.

Typically I resort to overriding the auto by either manually selecting all 3 vent types and letting the auto system figure out the air temperature and fan speed or alternatively setting a medium fan speed and letting the auto figure out where to send it and how hot. But on damp days it's not clever enough to realize the window is fogging so I typically go with option 1

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I use the auto mode and it is supposed to blow on the floor. Fords way of trying to make the space overall more comfortable and not have it blowing directly on the occupants.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Auto....the most evil...non user friendly hvac control ever forced on us!!
I hate it.

Caddys and Lincolns have to have it. High end Buicks too.

I hate the having a car with it esp Cadillac as you have so little control over where the air goes.

I never push the auto button on Ford unless I'm doing a self test.

Also due to blend door and actuator issues.....IF they had a know and you rarely moved them...It should last longer. BUT with fords temp...EVEN not on auto, It will move the blend door after car warms up.
I HATE HATE HATE that.

I want my blend door to be where I put it and stay.

I may want full heat and turn blower down when warm enough or I may leave at 3/4-7/8 hot and never move it.
SHOULD BE MY decision.

The GMs that put air to def when you turn temp up when car is cold DRIVES ME NUTS.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP, as others have said, auto sends the heat to the floor.

Anyone notice if Auto will also turn on / adjust the rear climate controls?

In my truck f you want auto heat/AC in front and rear you just hit the rear button, which will turn on front and back if neither is on.

OP
OP
verna2197

verna2197

Reaction score
OP, as others have said, auto sends the heat to the floor.

In my truck f you want auto heat/AC in front and rear you just hit the rear button, which will turn on front and back if neither is on.

Ok but will it still be in auto mode if I hit the rear button?