Cold Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear1209

Reaction score
What is everyone's experience with installing a cold air intake on the 4th gen expeditions? Was there any worthwhile increase in gas mileage? My first truck was a 2003 V6 F150, which I installed a K&N CAI that provided about a 2-3 mpg increase.

Also, from what I've read online it should not void the powertrain warranty, but does anyone have knowledge otherwise?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is everyone's experience with installing a cold air intake on the 4th gen expeditions? Was there any worthwhile increase in gas mileage? My first truck was a 2003 V6 F150, which I installed a K&N CAI that provided about a 2-3 mpg increase.

Also, from what I've read online it should not void the powertrain warranty, but does anyone have knowledge otherwise?
You might read through some of these threads as there has been some good info thrown out already.

OP
OP
B

Bear1209

Reaction score
You might read through some of these threads as there has been some good info thrown out already.

Thanks. I had tried searching the forum with little luck, so this really helps out.