Cold start rattle in the turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DWs-TTEB

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow......some old B.S. Guess I lucked out at my local Ford service place.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not happy here, I literally researched reviews of every dealership within an hour of me, these guys had the best, and I believe it, they are trying and they are transparent. So far, the responses from Ford seem to be the issues. I don't blame the service guys.

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not happy here, I literally researched reviews of every dealership within an hour of me, these guys had the best, and I believe it, they are trying and they are transparent. So far, the responses from Ford seem to be the issues. I don't blame the service guys.

I would just bring it to another dealer in a month or so and claim it’s gotten worse and specially ask for the spring replacement or whatever you think the solution would be.

Out of curiosity, is the spring replacement something you can do in a few minutes yourself or does it require removing parts to get in there?

Also, has anyone ever asked a technician or someone from the service department to do easier fixes under the table that maybe a warranty isn’t covering?

Not sure if the spring replacement is easier or not but really asking just a general question.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly i'm not sure, the TSB the tech showed me was literally only for 2017 F150's. Not sure why it didn't cover more vehicles. My guess is, knowing where those actuators are, it would likely be a huge pain to replace anything on them. The drivers side I could possibly get to through the wheel well, but I think the passenger side may be a bit harder.

Either way, I'll wait and see what the tech line comes back with from Ford, the tech agreed with me on the sound and the fact that it's not on others sitting on the lot. Thanks for the ideas though.