Color wipe off from center console plastic panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlterEgo

Reaction score
So I never thought that center console plastic panel is colored with "crayola crayons".

Some of us (including me) , due to the recent era of living in COVID, have a habit of keeping Hand Sanitizer Gel in the car for occasional hand cleaning.

It happened recently that I cleaned my hands and a couple of droplets of the gel landed onto the center console cover.

When I wiped it off with the tissue, not with excessive force, it simply did cut the paint of the console and black plastic underneath was exposed.

I was kinda amazed at the build quality , or perhaps it is expected from the chemical composition of the gel itself.

Either ways, is there a suggested remedy for it , i know I have to accept to live with it, however :

1. Is there a cover mat available for center consoles like this (much like dashboard cover mats)
2. For an eventual possibility, can I know the part number of this cover for possible replacement now or in the future.

Thanks for your suggestions.

20221011_102609.jpg

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I never thought that center console plastic panel is colored with "crayola crayons".

Some of us (including me) , due to the recent era of living in COVID, have a habit of keeping Hand Sanitizer Gel in the car for occasional hand cleaning.

It happened recently that I cleaned my hands and a couple of droplets of the gel landed onto the center console cover.

When I wiped it off with the tissue, not with excessive force, it simply did cut the paint of the console and black plastic underneath was exposed.

I was kinda amazed at the build quality , or perhaps it is expected from the chemical composition of the gel itself.

Either ways, is there a suggested remedy for it , i know I have to accept to live with it, however :

1. Is there a cover mat available for center consoles like this (much like dashboard cover mats)
2. For an eventual possibility, can I know the part number of this cover for possible replacement now or in the future.

Thanks for your suggestions.

View attachment 75299
Well alcohol is abrasive. There are vinyl kits for under $50 that'll cover that spot and the rest of the center console.

Croner

Reaction score
Did you find a solution to this? Mine did the same thing and on the steering wheel.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry - Let me try that again.

Various Kits For Expedition.

Carid Dash Kits