Concerns buying an Expedition with a Canadian VIN?

Is a Canadian VIN a deal-breaker?

• No

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SublimeHiPpOs

Reaction score
I've been shopping around for a 2018 or 2019 Expedition and found a 2018 with the right combination of features at a dealership about 5 hours away. The catch is that when I pull up the window sticker, it appears to be a Canadian VIN. I assume since a US dealership is selling, there aren't any import concerns, but I'm wondering what else I need to worry about? I got a quote from my insurance company and they said they don't have any issues insuring it. Could I have any issues with registration at my local DMV, warranty work, etc? I'm just not sure what all I need to consider with this.

Thanks!

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My only "concern" would be the speedometer. The outside ring would be in kilometers while miles would be the inner ring, opposite to what you are use to seeing. And the first aid kit would be pathetic but included at no charge, so dont complain whydoncha, ehhh.

I would make a US-spec gauge cluster swap a part of the negotiation with the dealer.

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My expedition is a Canadian unit with no DRLs. Never once was I even looked it. But then I got the mentality of be seen. Just like when I'm in the semi.