Condensation dripping from crossover pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
scottdm

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Good to know that the urethane is the primary culprit on mine. If I have it redone someday I’d likely choose heavier flake and skip the urethane clear coat. My garage door isn’t open enough for UV to affect the floor much.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Good to know that the urethane is the primary culprit on mine. If I have it redone someday I’d likely choose heavier flake and skip the urethane clear coat. My garage door isn’t open enough for UV to affect the floor much.

In my opinion if you do use the flake, you kinda need the clear to hold it in place. I didn't flake my 3 garages, but I had some guys flake the one at my work and I absolutely hate the flakes. They make it so rough that its hard to sweep. My other ones are super easy to sweep and they appear smooth. The flaked one is rough and is very hard to sweep. The flaked one has clear on it.

Thom

Reaction score
My 14 Expy does this. I live in Michigan and there is always a small wet spot under this area if I warm up the truck.
When I checked the clamp and bolt/nut, they are rusted together so I bought a new one instead of trying to tighten it. Has anyone ever replaced this clamp themselves? How hard is it? The clamp is made of thick metal so I think I will need to separate the pipes to get the clamp on.

Molaf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Completely normal with cold starts. My '16 F-150 did this and my Expy does this. Same thing happens with my friends '15 F-150.