Confirmed the Eddie Bauer Gold Trim paint code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I needed to buy the gold Eddie Bauer trim paint so I can repaint my front bumper, and the rear lower quarter panels. I looked on the search engine, and also on google, spent over an hour with no definitive information. So I called a touch up paint company, they didn't even know- they gave me Ford customer service phone number. I called Ford with my VIN number, wasted 1/2 hour with this clown who sounded like he was amped up on a line of coke or something. He was absolutely CLUELESS. He started some "investigation" and will have an engineer look through blueprints for me and call within 48 hours.....

So I went to the stealership and got the parts guy, he couldn't find it either. He was baffled. I asked how does anyone possibly buy touch up paint...he didn't know.

I was sent to the old guy in their auto body shop who's been painting for 30+ years. He wandered over to the truck and without hesitation said it's paint code AQ and it's called Arizona Beige. He just painted that color 3 days ago and was 100% positive.

I had read a couple discussions where people said Arizona Beige but they didn't know the actual code. I didn't know what year they were talking about either, and still couldn't believe that beige is actually GOLD on the trim panels. The painter said absolutely, Arizona Beige is the gold paint, just a bad choice for a name of the color since it's not BEIGE....

Again, my 2003 Eddie Bauer is LD code Wedgewood Blue Metallic, and has AQ code Arizona Beige trim/two tone. It's useful information to some of you who plan on repainting your trim panels and wheel arches etc.

**** Also, when I tried buying the paint at my local paint supply they gave me a pile of paint chips/cards to match up "which version" of my LD and AQ paint is on my truck. She said there are SEVEN different versions of LD depending on which factory painted the truck and which time of year they were painted....that's crazy. Same for the gold paint, there are 5 different tints of the gold. After comparing the paint chips it was obvious what a huge difference the paint color was from factory to factory.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ran into the same problem a year or so ago. The dealership/parts guy had no idea, and did not even sell it when I found out what the code was. Kind of hard to believe since bumpers usually need repainting before anything else.
Ford is known for multiple color variations for the same color code. Dark Shadow Gray had 5-7 variations as well. Kind of crazy they can't get the same color between plants with modern facilities.

OP
OP
joezek

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've bought paint for other cars I've owned and did spot repairs, never once had an issue with varying shades, never even heard of it. This is the first time I've seen that. And by comparing the paint chip cards, I'm glad mine is the color it is. Some of the optional colors were extremely faded looking with less metallic, or less bright blue.

I still think that if they know that each plant has a different version of the color, then they need to document that somehow and add it to the paint code on the door sticker. How hard is that? The paint supply had cards A thru G for all the varying colors, so it was LD, LDa, LDb, etc.

Hopefully I got the right match, after it's all dry and in the sun....

OP
OP
joezek

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I painted the Blue portion of my front bumper tonight... lucky guess on the match, looks EXACT!!! Man what a huge difference, I can't wait to see it again in the sunlight. My garage cheap ass paint booth, with bugs flying around and my $10 Harbor Freight gravity feed HVLP spray gun, actually came out above average to average quality. I got a little heavy with the clear and one spot almost ran, looks like a wave in the paint. Just needs a good wet sand or at least a good compound with the rotary.

CSVT#49

Reaction score
Good find on the Eddie Bauer lower trim paint code! I'm going to have to go pick some up. Someone scratched my truck in a parking lot. Looks like they dragged their bumper or something across the drivers side rear door trim and into the wheel arc trim.

I got a quote for a pint of the paint (code AQ) at my local paint supply shop and they told me $66. Probably going to take this time to fix the bubbling paint I found on the inside of the tailgate too. That paint (code ST) is $77 a pint. Kind of expensive project to only fix some minor scuffs, especially after I add in the cost of clear and the catalysts and reducers. Oh well though at least it will look good as new when I'm done with it.

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The reason there are variations to the colors is because Ford as well as every other car company uses 3-5 different paint manufacturers to supply the paint to the factories building the vehicles. Ford (in this case) gives each paint company a standard by which they have to match within a percentage. They do this with each company. During the paint operation if they run out of PPG paint then they blow the lines and pipe in BASF. Might be the same color (by name) but each company gets to the standard in a different way. Hence the different variations we find in the world of paint matching.

cherokeexj32

Reaction score
Lower paint code for the gray type color

Anyone know the paint code for the charcoal/gray color on the 03 XLTs?

stlcwby

Reaction score
Eddie Bauer Accent color

I needed to buy the gold Eddie Bauer trim paint so I can repaint my front bumper, and the rear lower quarter panels. I looked on the search engine, and also on google, spent over an hour with no definitive information. So I called a touch up paint company, they didn't even know- they gave me Ford customer service phone number. I called Ford with my VIN number, wasted 1/2 hour with this clown who sounded like he was amped up on a line of coke or something. He was absolutely CLUELESS. He started some "investigation" and will have an engineer look through blueprints for me and call within 48 hours.....

So I went to the stealership and got the parts guy, he couldn't find it either. He was baffled. I asked how does anyone possibly buy touch up paint...he didn't know.

I was sent to the old guy in their auto body shop who's been painting for 30+ years. He wandered over to the truck and without hesitation said it's paint code AQ and it's called Arizona Beige. He just painted that color 3 days ago and was 100% positive.

I had read a couple discussions where people said Arizona Beige but they didn't know the actual code. I didn't know what year they were talking about either, and still couldn't believe that beige is actually GOLD on the trim panels. The painter said absolutely, Arizona Beige is the gold paint, just a bad choice for a name of the color since it's not BEIGE....

Again, my 2003 Eddie Bauer is LD code Wedgewood Blue Metallic, and has AQ code Arizona Beige trim/two tone. It's useful information to some of you who plan on repainting your trim panels and wheel arches etc.

**** Also, when I tried buying the paint at my local paint supply they gave me a pile of paint chips/cards to match up "which version" of my LD and AQ paint is on my truck. She said there are SEVEN different versions of LD depending on which factory painted the truck and which time of year they were painted....that's crazy. Same for the gold paint, there are 5 different tints of the gold. After comparing the paint chips it was obvious what a huge difference the paint color was from factory to factory.
The actual code is G3 Pueblo Gold accent! Even though Arizona Beige is very close!

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The actual code is G3 Pueblo Gold accent! Even though Arizona Beige is very close!
On the gen 3's it's now G3 Pueblo Gold.On the earlier expy's it's still AQ Arizona Beige.If your eddie is like mine it doesn't show the trim color on the sticker so make sure you get the right color because there's a big difference.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni