Convert 2nd row bench to captains chair's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razorbackrealtor

Reaction score
Happy Saturday everyone. Greetings from outside Austin Texas. I purchased a 2017 expedition limited with 64k miles and leather seats a few days ago. I am planning to remove the middle bench seat this weekend and make my own captains chairs. Around here they want an extra 2500-3000 for captians chairs models with more miles..
I have already ordered my captains chairs mats, got some fabric foam to fill the bracket holes and the proper star bit for my drill. Question is... how do I install armrest on the "new" captains seats? I've found lots of options online, just wondering what's the best/least complicated? Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

tacoduck

Reaction score
Happy Saturday everyone. Greetings from outside Austin Texas. I purchased a 2017 expedition limited with 64k miles and leather seats a few days ago. I am planning to remove the middle bench seat this weekend and make my own captains chairs. Around here they want an extra 2500-3000 for captians chairs models with more miles..
I have already ordered my captains chairs mats, got some fabric foam to fill the bracket holes and the proper star bit for my drill. Question is... how do I install armrest on the "new" captains seats? I've found lots of options online, just wondering what's the best/least complicated? Thanks in advance for any advice or help.
I did a similar thing with my 2017. I didn’t install arm rests and and my kids didn’t complain. Terrific mod that gm doesn’t offer.

CP11EXP

Reaction score
I did a similar thing with my 2017. I didn’t install arm rests and and my kids didn’t complain. Terrific mod that gm doesn’t offer.
Same here, pulled the middle seat the first month of ownership. For the first many years there were car seats in both so no armrests needed. Now the car seats are gone, but no one has noticed they don’t have armrests. I just put a spare piece of house carpet in the middle to cover the floor and used the removed bolts to hold it down.

ptguy0618

Reaction score
What color/material are your seats? I have a 2013 with captains chairs and i want the bench seat. I have the light tan leather upholstry. I'm in middle TN.

tacoduck

Reaction score
What color/material are your seats? I have a 2013 with captains chairs and i want the bench seat. I have the light tan leather upholstry. I'm in middle TN.
I have a middle seat available. I’m located in central nc. Tan leather. Looks new.

66Vette

Reaction score
I found on another model that there was a threaded hole covered up on the side without an armrest. You might just poke around the area and see if there's a hole in the seat frame. Finding a replacement armrest should be easy enough...

kup6

Reaction score
I am looking to do the opposite. Do you know where I can find a bench? Also, where should I take it to get it installed? Thanks

athensdawgs81

Reaction score
Still interested in swapping 2nd row seats? I have a 2013 with tan leather bench seat. I'll swap your captains for my bench. I'm in North GA.

ptguy0618

Reaction score
Still interested in swapping 2nd row seats? I have a 2013 with tan leather bench seat. I'll swap your captains for my bench. I'm in North GA.
Hey I am so sorry I haven’t checked this in a while! Are you able to PM me? I can give you my email or cell phone.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am looking to do the opposite. Do you know where I can find a bench? Also, where should I take it to get it installed? Thanks

You don't need a bench, you just need to buy the second row middle seat from a modder who removed his or a salvage yard and to disconnect the armrests if you have them

Otherwise, the seats are identical

The middle seat mounts with just several bolts, the body holes should exist already. Just need to pull or cut your carpeting.

Unless you have physical limitations and the chair itself is just too heavy for you, doing everything DIY should be a breeze.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze