Coolant Refill after Water Pump and Thermostat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ediddily

Reaction score
As everyone here as said, yes to filling up through the reservoir. Yes, its weird but it works.

I rebuilt my entire cooling system on my 07 XLT recently. Radiator and hoses, pump, thermostat, reservoir fill hose, reservoir cap, front and rear heater hoses. Only 1 hose has slightly failed (reservoir fill hose) but i don't think ill replace anytime soon as its a drop once-in-awhile leak.

I had a pinhole leak in the radiator upper passenger side since i had it and put ~100K miles on it like that. I de-pressurized (loose reservoir cap) the system as the hole was almost the height of the reservoir and stayed filled without the system pressure. Only recently the pump started leaking hence me fixing EVERYTHING.

The pressure introduced into the system raises the boiling temp. So a car will remain circulated and cooled grated your pump is good.

I posted how i fixed the rear heater hoses.....https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/rear-auxiliary-heater-lines-fixed.51383/ .... with parts listed.

Also, a car will run without coolant for a little bit, just don't over heat it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Brandonian

Reaction score
Nice, all good info! :) I'm semi-familiar with radiator and hose systems from the Jeep so that helps lol. All my hoses were in really great shape since it's a 2016, so that's a plus lol.