Coolant Reservoir mini bubbles when revving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eightiesrock80

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They go away when you let off the accelerator. Bad head gasket or normal? What’s the average mileage for a blown head gasket on 5.4 Triton Expedition? My truck has 155,000 I only get Baby tiny bubbles for a second when I let offf

OP
OP
Eightiesrock80

Eightiesrock80

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would be nice to know when peoples head gasket blew mileage wise so others can have an idea of when it’s possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are too many variables in play to say head gaskets last for *** miles. For example look at the temperature range of your location to the range in Miami, Fl. Just a slight difference in the winter and summer temperature. Then throw maintenance practices, products used etc into the mix.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They go away when you let off the accelerator. Bad head gasket or normal? What’s the average mileage for a blown head gasket on 5.4 Triton Expedition? My truck has 155,000 I only get Baby tiny bubbles for a second when I let offf

If your radiator cap and/or coolant reservoir overflow hose is defective (bad gasket and/or pin holes in the hose), the system can suck air into the radiator as the engine cools.

Then, when hot and revving the engine, the trapped air can be expelled into the reservoir jug.

I would buy a Motorcraft radiator cap and replace it, cleaning the neck of the radiator. I would also replace the coolant jug hose (and any clamps on the ends). The hose can have pinholes that do not leak when coolant expands (and are obvious) and flows into the jug, but sucks air upon cooldown due to the reverse pressure.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd wait and do the test with the Napa kit. Check your oil at the dipstick carefully. As a head gasket failure progresses, you notice your oil start to get a milky look due to water and coolant making it's way into oil. Let us know how the exaust gas test goes. Hopefully it's something simple. I had one customer on an early eighties Honda Accord, that ignored his overheating so long, that when I drained the oil before tearing it apart, I filled up 3 oil drain pans, 5-6 quarts each. Only a Honda or Toyota would keep running like that.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk