Coolant Temp When Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Groover

Reaction score
The other day I was pulling my trailer from Tucson to Flagstaff on I17, 80F outside and I was having to continually manage the temperature. Slowing down to 30 MPH at some points to keep the RPMs below 2,500 helped. The thing is - I did the same drive with the same trailer (but one extra passenger!) a couple of months ago and I don't remember having to do any temperature management at all.

I am going to check the factory workshop manual to see if there is a test procedure for the thermostat.

Thanks.

Brons2

Reaction score
The other day I was pulling my trailer from Tucson to Flagstaff on I17, 80F outside and I was having to continually manage the temperature. Slowing down to 30 MPH at some points to keep the RPMs below 2,500 helped. The thing is - I did the same drive with the same trailer (but one extra passenger!) a couple of months ago and I don't remember having to do any temperature management at all.

I am going to check the factory workshop manual to see if there is a test procedure for the thermostat.

Thanks.
You normally want more RPMs for a given speed under high load, not less. The water pump will circulate water faster at a higher RPM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01