Correct Ford / Motorcraft Part # For 2017 Expy Limited Battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty much whatever Group 65 battery you want to use will work. They all have a minimum of at least 750 CCA rating (several are rated even higher...)
I like the AGMs 'cause they're truly maintenance free and don't vent off acids to corrode the surrounding metal.

Group 65 Batteries at Rock Auto

Odyssey Group 65 AGM on Amazon

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is the correct part number BXT-65-750

That is the correct Motorcraft battery part number. It is considered the heavy duty battery (more CCA) that came with the Limited Expeditions with the HD towing package from 2015 - 2017.

That is the exact Motorcraft battery replacement I bought for my 2015 Expedition Limited (I checked the label).

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is 2017 Limited with HD Towing Package. I also see a BXT-65-850 Listed for my VIN. Just more CCA and weight?

Not sure. I bought my Expedition new and replaced the original battery myself as preventative maintenance in the fall before it failed. I bought the exact replacement from a Motorcraft jobber.

I may recall incorrectly, but I think the standard battery (not HD with the HD towing package) had 650 or 700 CCA?

OP
OP
GlennSullivan

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bought the BXT-65-850 it was $10.00 more than 750.

BTW-1 all BXT have 3 year replacement warrantys.

BTW-2 the people that advised me in my original post about failed positive battery terminals being caused by leaking OEM batteries are absolutely correct.

The only reason I bought the Motorcraft battery, is my Expy is under Ford Premium warranty and my intention is to make an issue of this battery leakage causing positive terminal (literally terminal) damage and the battery terminal / cable actually being a $400 power harness, all designed to fail and cost the owner mucho dollars in repairs, none of which is covered by premium warranty.

Id like to know how many others experienced this issue on late model Expys as it might be worth a letter to NHTSB, but to do that you need a fair number of complaints.

Last edited:

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Always had great life with Odyssey AGM Batteries, starting high HP race cars. Oldest one is from 2002, starts every time.