Cost to tint all around (except windshield)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody tint their Expy or Gator? How much did you pay?

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had 3 Expeditons, one Enclave, and I never needed to tint the windows other than the driver and front passenger windows. So all of them were in the 75-90$ range

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I had my Audi A4 Avant tinted 6 windows and rear glass granted it has been a number of years but I was just shy of $600 with ceramic.
Ceramic tint has come down a bit since then so I would guess 450-500.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are a lot of variables, such as region/city/state, type of tint, etc. I paid about $120 to have my wife's entire sedan done in hand-cut 3M Color Stable in a semi-rural area of PA. I paid about $150 just to have the 2 fronts done on my Expedition in laser-cut Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle (ceramic) down near Philly.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had 3 Expeditons, one Enclave, and I never needed to tint the windows other than the driver and front passenger windows. So all of them were in the 75-90$ range

I dislike how the cargo area is somewhat visible in the Gator, I want it blacked out properly

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2004 EB I had the 2 front done to match the rest. I used a 40% tint and it matched real close. Plenty dark. Cost $100.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just had my two front door windows done in ceramic tint which I think was $120 but I also got a clear bra put on the hood, visor tint on the upper windshield, and clear bra film on the rear door sills (grandkids). I negotiated a package price so not 100% positive how it broke down on individual costs.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my area the front 2 are $80 alone. I haven't done the rest because 20% privacy glass is enough for me.

I just do the fronts too. It makes the vehicle look better. Looks terrible with the rear and SUV part dark and the fronts looking clear.

You can still see inside the back cargo area though with factory if you walk up on it so you will have to tint if you are looking for hiding contents or "privacy"...I say privacy because..does anyone else thing if you fold all the seats on the ones that fold flat (like 03 -06 and I think the newer Navigators) and put an air mattress....you could "ahem" sleep back there.

I looked them up. They have cool fill in mattresses for making back seat a bed that sticks down into floor and makes it flat.
I only saw some generic ones in rectangles.
I would thing they would have an exact fit for each year with a built in pump to plug into the outlet back there.
Then you would have to have 2 kinds. One rectangular for the good rear seat that folds and one for the stupid 98% of made certain years with the rear center in the way console.

I hate that thing!!

It's only use for me is to put 2 liters and milk in on way from store.

As soon as I find someone with a black (i might even spray dye) jumper seat that want to trade...I'm there dude.

I might eventually run into one cheap enough to buy also.