Cost to tint all around (except windshield)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just do the fronts too. It makes the vehicle look better. Looks terrible with the rear and SUV part dark and the fronts looking clear.

You can still see inside the back cargo area though with factory if you walk up on it so you will have to tint if you are looking for hiding contents or "privacy"...I say privacy because..does anyone else thing if you fold all the seats on the ones that fold flat (like 03 -06 and I think the newer Navigators) and put an air mattress....you could "ahem" sleep back there.

I looked them up. They have cool fill in mattresses for making back seat a bed that sticks down into floor and makes it flat.
I only saw some generic ones in rectangles.
I would thing they would have an exact fit for each year with a built in pump to plug into the outlet back there.
Then you would have to have 2 kinds. One rectangular for the good rear seat that folds and one for the stupid 98% of made certain years with the rear center in the way console.

I hate that thing!!

It's only use for me is to put 2 liters and milk in on way from store.

As soon as I find someone with a black (i might even spray dye) jumper seat that want to trade...I'm there dude.

I might eventually run into one cheap enough to buy also.

I've both slept and "slept" in my big trucks, and tint definitely helps, with "sleeping" especially.... but also with leaving stuff in your cargo area.

And I didn't notice with my police-moded SSV, but my Gator lights up with doors open, and with LEDs and only factory tint that means any dodgy people in the area get a decent "trunk preview" when I park it somewhere and walk away....NOT GOOD

My gator folds flat entirely too, no midrow console, soo it'd be perfect for sleeping and "sleeping" both with some tint

Last edited:

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep. The 03 and up is awesome the way they fold flat. All you need is a little air mattress or even just a thick comforter for some paddingy and you're good to go go go.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just the two front windows is recommended...and most places can match the rear tint. I would guess if you put tint on anywhere but the fronts you would have a hard time seeing out the backs after dark. Paid 60 for both fronts with Eastman tint. Course most come with lifetime warranty, if not walk away. Mine were matched with the back and look really good. Helps with heat and interior fading plus privacy.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I had the front two doors tinted to match the factory tint around the back. I'm really liking how it turned out. I went with 20% and a ceramic based tint that reflects radiant heat and blocks UV. It's the same tint I have on my Cadillac sedan and I have loved it.

My question is - have any of you had tint work done? Pics? I'm debating on having a strip done at the top of my windshield to cut down the low sun in my eyes at dawn/dusk. I just don't want to have it reminiscent of my high school cars. Gotta stay classy!

64b17b6a6da90e64d3d62844da0ce2ac.jpg

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I had the front two doors tinted to match the factory tint around the back. I'm really liking how it turned out. I went with 20% and a ceramic based tint that reflects radiant heat and blocks UV. It's the same tint I have on my Cadillac sedan and I have loved it.

My question is - have any of you had tint work done? Pics? I'm debating on having a strip done at the top of my windshield to cut down the low sun in my eyes at dawn/dusk. I just don't want to have it reminiscent of my high school cars. Gotta stay classy!

64b17b6a6da90e64d3d62844da0ce2ac.jpg

Looks good!

I only had my 2 fronts done. I'm not really a fan of the tint strips on the front windshield. I considered having the entire front done in Llumar Air Blue 80, but couldn't come up with a solution I felt was acceptable for the inspection sticker. The owner of the shop just re-tints his windows over the sticker every year, but for his customers he just cuts out a square. That's fine until you get a new sticker, which of course no mechanic on earth is going to squeeze perfectly into that cutout.

IMG_0691.jpg

Mike6026

Reaction score
E75A9345-EF05-44FC-8E60-ED0A638AAE18.jpeg I paid $300 for 3m tint for all the windows at 5%. And the windshield was $250 alone for 3m at 60%. I could have went with a cheaper tint and the price would have been $375.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 31268 I paid $300 for 3m tint for all the windows at 5%. And the windshield was $250 alone for 3m at 60%. I could have went with a cheaper tint and the price would have been $375.

Looks good, but you won't be able to see a damn thing at night. The backs are already factory tinted at ~20% so with another 5% on there you're virtually blind. You might want to rub some dirt on it before parking it on Baltimore's streets also. :D

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMG_0285.jpeg IMG_0284.jpeg
Had a strip of 20% to match the front doors added to the top of the windshield. The tinter assumed I wanted it done as shown and I was a little leery about the downward curve at the outside, but it does cover a larger area outside of the visor coverage. The sun can be intense at dawn and sunset and it helps filter the glare. It's not perfect, but much better than clear glass.