couple questions - 2020 vs. 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all,

Quick question, I have a 2020 XLT 202A loaner right now for my Platinum 2019 as I'm in for a 5th service lately. With that, I noticed on this, in the advanced settings, it gives me an option to swap the tranny temp gauge for a boost gauge. Anyone know if you can unlock this via Forscan somehow? I searched through the F150 forscan guide, and the only thing I found that seemed like it might do it is this:

720-07-01 - xxxx-x*xx-xxxx with setting it to "E". My 2019 doesn't have that setting. It's about 50% of the way there for what I'd like. I still don't understand why with the giant LCD real-estate on the cluster, you can't have more than one gauge. i.e. you could easily display fuel economy and boost gauge side by side. Heck, you should be able to configure 2 or 3 extra visuals.

Also, anyone swapped the side mirror glass on these? Curious. The 2020 has much more visible Blind Spot indicators than the 2019. They actually caught my attention, where as the 2019 hardly catch an eye. My guess is you should be able to swap the glass somehow right?

Thanks!

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WT-F? I could have sworn I didn't see that before. Okay, if it's there, then that's the second time I've missed something. It makes no sense, in this loaner, when I went through the menu, it just seemed to be there glaring at me...

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, anyone swapped the side mirror glass on these? Curious. The 2020 has much more visible Blind Spot indicators than the 2019. They actually caught my attention, where as the 2019 hardly catch an eye. My guess is you should be able to swap the glass somehow right?

Thanks!

Can you snap a picture of this? If it is like the 2019’s they light up just after pressing the start button.

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will do. I guess I could just be losing it, today was one of those kinds of days. But if my recollection serves me right, on the 2019 there was just a single LED circular light (like this link ). On this vehicle the entire logo of two cars and the light itself light up. It seems much brighter to me. Here's the 2020 image - attached.

Also, another question. Another thing I noticed is the 2020 has both a USB-A and USB-C port in the console next to the wireless charger. I'm curious if that's an easy swap with the existing one on the 2019 which is two USB a ports?

PXL_20210107_042704833.jpg

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, another question. Another thing I noticed is the 2020 has both a USB-A and USB-C port in the console next to the wireless charger. I'm curious if that's an easy swap with the existing one on the 2019 which is two USB a ports?

If you are looking to make the change to gain function, like faster charging, you will not. The voltage delivered is the same on both ports, and shared for that matter. The C port delivers no more voltage than the A port. The reason for the change is because many phones are transitioning to USBC cables. Several of the Android phones now only come with USBC to USBC.

It is a direct swap though.

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, i completely get that the amperage of the 5V's is likely the same, it is just the fact that my phones are USBC. Just for convenience. Thanks for the insight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni