Cupholder fell through console! Weird!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2018 Expy has been flawless until today!

One of my cupholders fell down through the console. Now all I have is a big hole with the guts of the cupholder below it rattling around. I tried to repair it but no way. Can't get down in the hole to retrieve the parts...there are many of them.

I have the best Ford OEM Expended Warranty offered. Do you think this will be covered????

Thanks all!

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen. The design / construction is wimpy, I'm surprised this is not a widespread issue.

Video are online about how the entire console top lifts off it's retainers so you can access the cupholders. I repaired them, using Gorilla Glue. So far, so good.

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This just happened to my 2018 last night. I went to put a water bottle in the cupholder and the whole thing collapsed into the console. I’m still under warranty so hopefully covered. What a terrible design this is.

Reaction score
I noticed this thread last week. Good thing because my daughter just told me last night that the cup holder fell through... lol. Normally I would be ticked, but the issue feels manageable having seen this thread. Posting so this pops back up to the top to help others like it did for me.