Curious on switching from factory power running boards to factory fixed running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MN_FireFighter

Reaction score
As the title of the thread says I am curious about switching from power running boards on our 2016 limited to a set of factory fixed (non-power) running boards. Our power running boards broke right outside of warranty. The actual aluminum structure around one of the hinges/pivot points snapped into pieces. Very disappointed. I live in MN and snow/ice build up is always a problem too since we do not park this inside a garage.

I don't even know if the mounting locations are the same/similiar. I have a fab shop so if I need to dig into this to make it work I definitely will. I haven't seen an expedition up close with a set of fixed running boards to analyze the mounting locations so I wanted to treat this thread quick

I searched the forum and didn't even see this topic come up before.

Thanks

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you do find out the differences or similarities in the mounting let me know, I am curious as to either switching to the chrome tubular running board like the F-150's have or the power running board (probably fixed chrome), I have a 2017 Expy EL XLT so mine should be similar to yours.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As the title of the thread says I am curious about switching from power running boards on our 2016 limited to a set of factory fixed (non-power) running boards. Our power running boards broke right outside of warranty. The actual aluminum structure around one of the hinges/pivot points snapped into pieces. Very disappointed. I live in MN and snow/ice build up is always a problem too since we do not park this inside a garage.

I don't even know if the mounting locations are the same/similiar. I have a fab shop so if I need to dig into this to make it work I definitely will. I haven't seen an expedition up close with a set of fixed running boards to analyze the mounting locations so I wanted to treat this thread quick

I searched the forum and didn't even see this topic come up before.

Thanks
Some of the 4WD and a lot of the F150 convert to these - https://realtruck.com/p/ionic-3-stainless-nerf-bars/v/ford/expedition/2016/