Damn, The repairs doesn’t end!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expd830

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you get Moog brand from parts from the auto store in town you can get free replacements Whalen they go bad… I did Westin coil overs for my 2000 and Moog parts which all seem to hold up well so far. But I plan on getting a set a QA-1 coil overs real soon Talked to the manufacturer last week.

OP
OP
Machete

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I e read up on Moog and I’ve used them before nothing special.

Detroit Axle reviews are horrible.

I may just fork the $250 for Duralast Gold ball joints and upper control arms.

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My daughter drives my ‘04 Eddie Bauer. I changed the driver, and passenger, control arms about 2 years ago. Back then it probably had about 265,000 miles on it. First time I touched them while owning the truck. I think it had 165,000 miles on it when I got it. It’s got over 300k on it now. Now it needs a rear passenger cv axle.

OP
OP
Machete

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
My daughter drives my ‘04 Eddie Bauer. I changed the driver, and passenger, control arms about 2 years ago. Back then it probably had about 265,000 miles on it. First time I touched them while owning the truck. I think it had 165,000 miles on it when I got it. It’s got over 300k on it now. Now it needs a rear passenger cv axle.

I haven’t had much luck w the Motorcraft parts either.

McGyver

Reaction score
Did you replace the cv axle yet?

McGyver

Reaction score
Mine broke this week and had it towed home and ordered parts. Got the brakes and hub assembly off and now need to figure out how to get the axle off. Thanks

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, called the daughter to have her make an appointment to get that cv axle taken care of. Would hate for it to break, and cause other issues. Also, don’t want her stranded. Not to mention her, and her mom, don’t know when to stop driving a disabled vehicle. They think the end game is to get home by any means necessary. ‍SMH!!!

OP
OP
Machete

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Yup. But this is it. Next major repair I’ll fix and sell it.

This year repairs have been brutal.