Dash not working after replacing turn signal connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Copper93

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced the turn signal connector due to the plugs falling out. Good news is I now have turn signals and brake lights but not the dash is dead. Any information on where to start looking for my mistake?

Just to add, there was a pink with black stripe wire I could not find location for. I reviewed different photos until I located it in a slot. I could have it in the wrong location.

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey copper, I dug through my 2000 schematic, and found the pink with black stripe wire. It's pin 380 circuit 485 which is the rear wiper switch input. It goes on the multifunction switch c258 which is your turn signal switch. Looked at wiring for switch and signals but don't see it anywhere. It might be for some option that Ford didn't use in your vehicle, but was part of the harness for a higher model. Maybe one of the others knows more.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Copper93

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the information.
I found the issue with the dash was fuse 29. The tow/haul wire broke and blew the fuse. Replaced it and all is good in the world again.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad you figured it out, and reporting back to us.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk