Dave's multiple beer break Expy build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I'm on a mission to make this thing meaner and leaner.
The way I bought it:

CAM00048Small_zpsbc697012.jpg

CAM00047Small_zpsc41b4fc3.jpg

First thing to go are those running boards (Wife's not happy about that but just wait till it goes up 3"):

CAM00090Small_zpsfc2f0372.jpg

CAM00091Small_zps8371af8f.jpg

Rocker flares going on:

CAM00095Small_zpsf4238857.jpg

CAM00096Small_zps3532e2e3.jpg

CAM00094Small_zpsa406481b.jpg

CAM00092Small_zps6e015781.jpg

Glad to see a company like CRE still around I used their products 20 years ago.

CB antenna on.When we go camping this is still the easiest way to talk between multiple vehicles.:

CAM00046Small_zpsb506271d.jpg

Coming soon a bunch of front end mods! Stay tuned.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hate my computer at work...cant see ur pics...smh

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sweeeet, where'd you pick the rocker flares up? I've never seen them before, I really like the way they look.

OP
OP
cheapjeep

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sweeeet, where'd you pick the rocker flares up? I've never seen them before, I really like the way they look.

Hey Mike,I found these guys way back in '93 and used their product on a '92 and a '94 Dakota. I liked the results back then. When I pulled the boards off the Expy I seen there is a lot of exposed "soft under belly" if you know what I mean. I started Googling and was surprised they were still around let alone make anything for an Expy. Now I used a bigger mud flap than comes with them because hey,this is Pa and the plans are for some bigger tires and a lift but the ones that come with are nice and beefy. Best price I got is here. 2009 Ford Expedition CRE Rocker Flares - Shop Now Same part no. for the 2nd gen. You can also check out their own site. | CRE Products

Last edited:

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Mike,I found these guys way back in '93 and used their product on a '92 and a '94 Dakota. I liked the results back then. When I pulled the boards off the Expy I seen there is a lot of exposed "soft under belly" if you know what I mean. I started Googling and was surprised the were still around let alone make anything for an Expy. Now I used a bigger mud flap that comes with them because hey,this is Pa and the plans are for some bigger tires and a lift but the ones that come with are nice and beefy. Best price I got is here. 2009 Ford Expedition CRE Rocker Flares - Shop Now Same part no. for the 2nd gen. You can also check out their own site. | CRE Products
Thanks man! I can't believe I've never seen them before and the price on them for my 05 is pretty good. I think I'm gonna order some as soon as I get my rockers replaced.

OP
OP
cheapjeep

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now this next part I'm really up in the air about and could use some opinions on what to do about it. I never liked all that chrome on the front of the EB so I bought a set of Anzo projectors in black. And I picked up a Paramount Evolution grille also in black. I love the headlights but the grille looks kinda tacked on and out of place. Just not what I had in my head. Too many colors going on up there on an EB. I love the concept plus the fact that I'm into this grille for $300 :think: so I want to make it work. Also I'm into another project that will only work with this type of grille. This would have looked sweet on a black Expy. Sooo....... I'm thinking pull the mesh out of the shell and paint the shell to match the Royal Red upper body color. Red shell black mesh. Hopefully in my Bud fueled brain this will tie everything together. What do you guys think. Here's the pics as it is now:

CAM00010Small_zps92271427.jpg

CAM00009Small_zps1e2ccbdc.jpg

Relay for halo's and led's tied into a run only source so they can be used as DRL's. Also wired to a switch in the dash so I can turn them off.

CAM00006Small_zpsc65a966b.jpg

Relay for a future behind the grille driving light setup:

CAM00017Small_zps7b9a3b78.jpg

Last edited: