Day/Weekend Overlander Build - First Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowhunter

Reaction score
A month ago we picked up a 2006 Limited with a goal of turning it into a fun adventure truck. Living in the Adirondacks we enjoy exploring back roads, fishing (all year long), skiing, hiking, etc. With 3 teenagers and a dog, having room for all of us and our gear was becoming a challenge that we hope the Expedition will be up to. So with that in mind I'm beginning to build our truck to be more capable, reliable and comfortable.

FIRST STEP: Lift/Leveling Kit and new tires. I had a 3/2 leveling kit installed and then added Mikey Thompson Baja Boss ATs (LT295/70R17). After just a day I am very happy with the ride and feel and I think that the truck looks great with this mod. I haven't noticed any rubbing yet although I haven't driven anything but a slightly rutted dirt/gravel road nearby.

BEFORE:
View media item 7527
AFTER:
View media item 7528View media item 7529

Plati

Reaction score
Can't see pics, did you post link to an album we don't have permission for?

OP
OP
Snowhunter

Snowhunter

Reaction score
UGH! I've been having trouble figuring this site out. It's a bit different from others that I have used in the past. They showed in the preview. And yes, they are in an album so I will look at those settings.

OP
OP
Snowhunter

Snowhunter

Reaction score
A window pops up momentarily where I can see that it says view owner only but I can't find it or how to change it.