Deciphering the build date?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So how can you determine the exact build date of your Ford vehicle?

I am noticing there is, what appears to be a black oily substance draining out of my tailpipe of my 2018 Expedition.
I did just install a catback system, a few days ago, but the manufacturer of the catback system has said to his knowledge, there has been a white, liquidy discharge presumably from the residual lubricant in the mandrel bending of the stainless pipes.
Thinking I might vent to atmosphere and see if the deposits persists.

18-FX4-GUY

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probably just condensation and the soot from direct injection, mines been doing it since it turned cold last week. My F 150 was the same way. Its leaving dark spots on my driveway now like its oil leak. I watched it dripping out of exhaust when I remote started it the other
Also build data is in your driver side door jam bottom to your right on looking into vehicle that info sticker.

OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Exact build date (month/day/year) is on the bottom of your original vehicle sticker.

I can't believe it, I looked at that thing hard, never saw it.

Another case of not seeing the forest, for the trees, I guess. Thanks!

OP
OP

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Exact build date (month/day/year) is on the bottom of your original vehicle sticker.

I had been looking for the following format
------> {Build date zz/dd/9999}

So the only thing I see is the following, which (if that is the correct area to look), would indicate Feb 21, 2018
Born same day as my...
Mom
Sister's daughter
ex-wife
Wow!
Which means all the TSB's I've seen for F-150/Expedition doesn't apply to my vehicle, as it's built after November 2017

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vAt52pHKdNggc7im6

Screenshot_20181019-120938.png

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your real build date is only available in etis

Windows sticker dates are in the ball park, but the date it actually came off the line is in etis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk