Definition of Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Pinto was Unibody....yup, my 1980 Bright Yellow hatchback. Unibody is just a method of manufacturer...........and you all wondered where I got my fear of dying in a car wreck?

lol

My friend Moose....we (er my kids) will be lucky to be able to drive their own vehicles by 2039....with the insurance industry 100% onboard, the US CoC issued a new mission statement indicating a full-on rush to self driving.

jeff

OP
OP
1955moose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well Jeff, 20 years from now I'll be 84, and you 81 I think. Probably won't be alive or if, driving anymore. But yeah, it's heading that way. Not a commercial or ad I see everyday that doesn't show a Nissan, or some make, that stays in lane by itself, or parks itself. When robots take over, where's everybody at the blue collar level going to work? They'll have a workforce that can work 24/7 without a break. No strikes, no cost of living wage increases, etc. Their will be robots to build and service the robots. Hey maybe by then, the mechanic, who isn't human will get your Ford fixed right first time.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Pinto was Unibody....yup, my 1980 Bright Yellow hatchback. Unibody is just a method of manufacturer...........and you all wondered where I got my fear of dying in a car wreck?

lol

My friend Moose....we (er my kids) will be lucky to be able to drive their own vehicles by 2039....with the insurance industry 100% onboard, the US CoC issued a new mission statement indicating a full-on rush to self driving.

jeff
True. They will eventually force all of us drivers off the road and into self-driving cars. It's absolutely pathetic.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of the future is going to be a very terrible Place. Some people openly Embrace everything with technology and everything else I don't. I pick and choose and have opinions on each specific aspect. Unfortunately lots of things are related. Eventually when they get the numbers down where nobody basically dies in traffic wrecks and stuff like that and if they get more diseases cured and life spans up we're going to be so much more ridiculously overpopulated that it will be annoying to be alive. I know it sounds awful and rude but I like things to stay somewhat the way they've always been I don't like drastic changes or even slow changes when the end result is a lot different from where you started. I know this is relative because I'm not talking about I would like to be driving model As around but I think you get the idea.
I can't stand large Urban cities or public transportation. There has been a push for decades to get everyone into public transportation. This will basically solve that problem making all the cars automated and them all driving in a nice little straight train line down the road. It will be like a train just for individual cars can turn off when they need to. It will suck nine out of ten ways. The only good thing about it is you will be able to be on your phone or laptop and totally not pay attention to the drive and get more stuff done or sleep while you're on your way somewhere. That is the only positive in any of this. All the rest I would much rather keep things the way we have them now.

OP
OP
1955moose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Enjoy the drive while you can. As tough as you think things are, just like the 70's and 80's we thought weren't that great, these are the best days of your life. We're all fairly healthy, and that won't last forever. I guess the good news will be they can't pop you for a DUI. You and your buddies, or the Mrs can get plowed, and say Robby drive me home! Lawyers won't be making their DUI money anymore, but their will be something new for them to go to court over.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but............all this talk about what is or is not an SUV is cruel. Why has no one bothered to ask the vehicles how they identify themselves?

Shame....shame on all of you.....

Plati

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but............all this talk about what is or is not an SUV is cruel. Why has no one bothered to ask the vehicles how they identify themselves?

Shame....shame on all of you.....
Not to mention an SUV that identifies as a Truck. You've labelled it as a SUV, not Polically Correct. Perhaps a Chevy that wants to transform into a Ford. We of course understand and can't blame the Chevy for that. The Chevy can go to any Ford dealer they want for OEM service. FoMoCo will be required by law to make and distribute all parts for the FordChevy. Etc.

Warning ... This is humor !

OP
OP
1955moose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sticker your closer than you think. Isn't the new 10 speed Automatics in the F150/Expedition made by General Motors and Ford as a joint venture, albeit in their own factories. Theirs also a 9 speed transaxle for the front wheel drive vehicles. Kinda like back in late 40's, early 50's, when Ford bought GM 4 speed Automatics for their 49-52 Lincoln Cosmopolitan. Hudson did the same.