Deleted features being retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cartder

Reaction score
I just got a 2022 expedition platinum, but unfortunately, it had a few features deleted due to the chip shortage. I was wondering if any of them would be able to be retrofitted later on without any modification to the vehicle itself.

Deleted Features
Active park assists 2.0
Multi-contour seats
Foot activate hatch opener

The only thing I really care about is the seats. That was a huge bummer for me. If I were to purchase the seats and install them, would the system recognize them and add the appropriate seat controls to the center screen? Also curious about the other 2 options to know if they can easily be retrofit without any custom wiring/fabrication

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got a 2022 expedition platinum, but unfortunately, it had a few features deleted due to the chip shortage. I was wondering if any of them would be able to be retrofitted later on without any modification to the vehicle itself.

Deleted Features
Active park assists 2.0
Multi-contour seats
Foot activate hatch opener

The only thing I really care about is the seats. That was a huge bummer for me. If I were to purchase the seats and install them, would the system recognize them and add the appropriate seat controls to the center screen? Also curious about the other 2 options to know if they can easily be retrofit without any custom wiring/fabrication
Anything can be done if your willing to spend the money. I don't think anyone had done this, and I'm sorry that I don't know about it. Welcome to the forum!

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why didn't you just decline the vehicle? No way I'd take a comfort delete.
I'm sure the seats are ridiculous $$$$ to buy and are probably unavailable anyway...

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Couple things. First off, be glad the foot activated gate is gone, that feature nearly smashed my kids several times while they were in the trunk.

I'm not really sure how Ford is doing some of this. Interestingly enough, I recently configured a Suburban for giggles and noticed a few things, like the heated/ventilated seats. There was a note that said the blower motor for the ventilation wasn't going to be included, but that it could be added later with supply availability. Part of me wonders if they are pre-wiring for some of these things and it's just a matter of getting parts later. But i'm guessing that's feature by feature.

chaffdb

Reaction score
I don't know the answer, but have you actually tried any of those features? The reason I ask, we have some friends that got a '22 Platinum in July that they ordered in early December, and while they got a credit for the seats and told theirs didn't have this feature, theirs work! I was so shocked I forgot to ask about their rear hatch or if they got a credit for it, but they encouraged me to try it on ours so I assume theirs works.

We just have a '22 Limited Max (ordered February 18, received Sept. 16), and the only things we lost were the engine start/stop at redlights, which we ordered without on purpose, and the foot operated rear hatch, which Ford removed. On our friend's recommendation, we tried the rear hatch and confirmed we don't have it. LOL. It works fine from the key fob and front seat, and we've never had it before, so between that and a few comments like 5280's above, I don't really mind at all.

smstroben

Reaction score
When i bought my 303A it had the handsfree liftgate and rear seat climate controls removed. I had to sign a form for the climate control saying Ford would retrofit my vehicle within 24months. I also had to sign a form that said they would not be retrofitting the handsfree liftgate.

OP
OP
C

Cartder

Reaction score
Anything can be done if your willing to spend the money. I don't think anyone had done this, and I'm sorry that I don't know about it. Welcome to the forum!
I understand that but would I have to change the wiring harness for the infotainment to recognize the mcs?

Why didn't you just decline the vehicle? No way I'd take a comfort delete.
I'm sure the seats are ridiculous $$$$ to buy and are probably unavailable anyway...
I bought it off the lot. It was the only 22 I can find within 100 miles and the one I had on order was going on 4 months. It had everything else I wanted so I ended up getting it. I hope the price isn't too bad considering they only gave me a $300 credit for the delete...

Couple things. First off, be glad the foot activated gate is gone, that feature nearly smashed my kids several times while they were in the trunk.

I'm not really sure how Ford is doing some of this. Interestingly enough, I recently configured a Suburban for giggles and noticed a few things, like the heated/ventilated seats. There was a note that said the blower motor for the ventilation wasn't going to be included, but that it could be added later with supply availability. Part of me wonders if they are pre-wiring for some of these things and it's just a matter of getting parts later. But i'm guessing that's feature by feature.
I'm also interested to know if ford kept the original wiring to plug and play with the mcs seats if I decided to buy them later.

I don't know the answer, but have you actually tried any of those features? The reason I ask, we have some friends that got a '22 Platinum in July that they ordered in early December, and while they got a credit for the seats and told theirs didn't have this feature, theirs work! I was so shocked I forgot to ask about their rear hatch or if they got a credit for it, but they encouraged me to try it on ours so I assume theirs works.

We just have a '22 Limited Max (ordered February 18, received Sept. 16), and the only things we lost were the engine start/stop at redlights, which we ordered without on purpose, and the foot operated rear hatch, which Ford removed. On our friend's recommendation, we tried the rear hatch and confirmed we don't have it. LOL. It works fine from the key fob and front seat, and we've never had it before, so between that and a few comments like 5280's above, I don't really mind at all.
Sadly you can tell right away. They're basically re-badged limited seats. It doesn't have manual controls or an option on the center screen. :(

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I understand that but would I have to change the wiring harness for the infotainment to recognize the mcs?

I bought it off the lot. It was the only 22 I can find within 100 miles and the one I had on order was going on 4 months. It had everything else I wanted so I ended up getting it. I hope the price isn't too bad considering they only gave me a $300 credit for the delete...

I'm also interested to know if ford kept the original wiring to plug and play with the mcs seats if I decided to buy them later.

Sadly you can tell right away. They're basically re-badged limited seats. It doesn't have manual controls or an option on the center screen. :(
Oh no. So it doesn't even have the nicer leather that platinums have?

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh no. So it doesn't even have the nicer leather that platinums have?
Yes it does. I have a 22 Platinum, which had the massaging seats, foot operated liftgate, and Active Park assist removed, and the seats ARE the luxury seats without the massage but the power lumbar still works. The only thing that I really miss is the Active Park assist. I'm coming from a 2018 Platinum which had it, and I got very used to using it. I was told that adding Active Park Assist down the road was not possible, due to the lack of hardware and the removal of the software which it requires.