Deleted features being retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Biggest issue with deletions or additions is they head to the assembly line to be built as is. Not built but with the option to add later. I have had Ford vehicles that were not ordered with towing package. So the main harness going to the back did not have any of those wires to retrofit later. I suspect items like rear climate control deletion will be able to be retrofitted easily since that is a standard non deletion item. IMO the rule of thumb is if you can remove it from the options selector then it "could" be hard to retrofit. If its a standard item that is removed due to chip issue then IMO it can be easily retrofitted.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes it does. I have a 22 Platinum, which had the massaging seats, foot operated liftgate, and Active Park assist removed, and the seats ARE the luxury seats without the massage but the power lumbar still works. The only thing that I really miss is the Active Park assist. I'm coming from a 2018 Platinum which had it, and I got very used to using it. I was told that adding Active Park Assist down the road was not possible, due to the lack of hardware and the removal of the software which it requires.
Ok, that's what I thought. The seats are the nicer ones but without the massage. I've never tired the park assist in my 21. There aren't too many parallel parking opportunities in my neck of the woods.

OP
OP
C

Cartder

Reaction score
If I recall, you couldn't delete the MCS prior to the chip shortage, so here's hoping they can still be plug-and-play. Going to get ahold of ford and get a definitive answer on that. If it's possible I'm 100% buying them and converting my current ones into office chairs.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't be too sad if any of those items had to be deleted. I have them all and if I could pitch the foot activation into the garbage, I would. My shoulders and back of my head would thank me. As for the massage seats, I think I used them 4 times so far (and its a 2018). I suppose everyone is different, but I would not be a sad panda if it wasn't there and would surely not wait months on end to have it.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I recall, you couldn't delete the MCS prior to the chip shortage, so here's hoping they can still be plug-and-play. Going to get ahold of ford and get a definitive answer on that. If it's possible I'm 100% buying them and converting my current ones into office chairs.
Talk to your dealer. I’m pretty sure you cannot easily retrofit them in.
It was not listed as one of the “to be installed in the future” options.
Perhaps the wiring harness and seats are compatible, you also have airbags to retrofit them to worry about.
And each seat will run you far more than the 375 credit. Plus you will need forscan to update.

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got a 2022 expedition platinum, but unfortunately, it had a few features deleted due to the chip shortage. I was wondering if any of them would be able to be retrofitted later on without any modification to the vehicle itself.

Deleted Features
Active park assists 2.0
Multi-contour seats
Foot activate hatch opener

The only thing I really care about is the seats. That was a huge bummer for me. If I were to purchase the seats and install them, would the system recognize them and add the appropriate seat controls to the center screen? Also curious about the other 2 options to know if they can easily be retrofit without any custom wiring/fabrication
I turned down the 22 Expy P. with Blue Cruise b/c of no multi contour (massage) seats and extended my lease on my 21 till ??? I still would like to get Blue Cruise though, maybe later in 23 my massage seats will be available again. Lincoln Navigator may have the parts sooner for the 2023 my I am told b/c of profitability.

Last edited:

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got a 2022 expedition platinum, but unfortunately, it had a few features deleted due to the chip shortage. I was wondering if any of them would be able to be retrofitted later on without any modification to the vehicle itself.

Deleted Features
Active park assists 2.0
Multi-contour seats
Foot activate hatch opener

The only thing I really care about is the seats. That was a huge bummer for me. If I were to purchase the seats and install them, would the system recognize them and add the appropriate seat controls to the center screen? Also curious about the other 2 options to know if they can easily be retrofit without any custom wiring/fabrication
The seats make it a Platinum right? I am curious if you even have the app in your sync controls for the multi-contour seats? The park assist I have never used and the hatch opener you may be better off without it since it can open or close on you without a command.

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I have the app in my sync controls. The app is on the last of three pages of apps. The park assist I have never used on any vehicle and probably will not. I have had the occasion to use the hands free rear hatch opener while loading my grandkids electric cars and groceries. My rear hatch now has small scratches on it from opening against my garage door without a command. The kids may have set it off while I was still close enough with the key fob. Sometimes it takes a lot a foot work to coax it open.

I may be going back to a GM product or another brand since they want me to turn in my Platinum now. I say, no multi contour seats and no blue cruise, no deal. See the monster they (Ford) has created? I have never been interested in a pick-up but I do like the new electric Lightning with the front trunk. That said, the price of it is heart stopping for a pick-up truck. It has not been out long enough to get a positive lease rate anyway.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On our friend's recommendation, we tried the rear hatch and confirmed we don't have it. LOL. It works fine from the key fob and front seat, and we've never had it before, so between that and a few comments like 5280's above, I don't really mind at all.
@chaffdb , in case you hadn't tried it yet, you can also open the hatch by touching the release button under the liftgate handle - even with the vehicle locked (assuming you have Intelligent Access and your door handles have the sensors). I've found this to be easier than pulling the fob out of my pocket and hitting the button twice.