Difference 600A vs. 600B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
600B is currently the only package for Platinum, 600A does not exist. It has everything. Once you go Platinum, the only real options you have are the heavy duty tow package, rear seat entertainment, cargo package, 2nd row configuration... all weather mats and cargo mat... That’s pretty much all there is to select.

OP
OP
twernst

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
600B is currently the only package for Platinum, 600A does not exist. It has everything. Once you go Platinum, the only real options you have are the heavy duty tow package, rear seat entertainment, cargo package, 2nd row configuration... all weather mats and cargo mat... That’s pretty much all there is to select.

Thanks, I have a window sticker from 1 dealer that shows 600A and the rest show 600B, and the brochure I have show 600B as the only option.

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually 600A does exist, although I don’t think it’s an option currently. It was the standard package at one time and 600B has seemingly replaced 600A. I did some looking and there are a few 600A configurations out there and 600A is still listed on the Ford web site as the standard package, even though when you configure a Platinum now (as has been the case for the past 2 months) 600B is the one and only option and is included by default. I honestly couldn’t tell you what the differences are, if any. There could very well be no functional or specific difference between the two, but rather something Ford may do to differentiate build components.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is 600A.

On the build site it states that 600B includes the following:

• Equipment Group 600A
  • Driver Assistance Package
  • Cargo Package
  • Advanced Security Package
Although mine has all of those packages and the window sticker indicates that all I got was 600A, so I agree there seems to be no functional difference between the two.

Last edited:
OP
OP
twernst

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks to all I am trying to decide where and how far I am willing to drive to get a 2018 Max Platinum now vs. having to wait and this was a little confusing.

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am going to take a guess at this question. I think Ford began to offer inflatable seat belts in for the second row seats sometime after production began in the 2018 Expy. The Platinum trim comes standard with this feature, however earlier Platinum production models may not have had this feature as it was not yet released for production. To differentiate, Ford created the B suffix to distinguish between the two configurations. Again, this is conjecture on my part.

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expys in Canada are 600A. They do not include the cargo package. My guess is 600B includes the cargo package.

We have to pay $400 for it.

OP
OP
twernst

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am going to take a guess at this question. I think Ford began to offer inflatable seat belts in for the second row seats sometime after production began in the 2018 Expy. The Platinum trim comes standard with this feature, however earlier Platinum production models may not have had this feature as it was not yet released for production. To differentiate, Ford created the B suffix to distinguish between the two configurations. Again, this is conjecture on my part.

I am not sure that is it as the one I am looking at was built in February and has 600A, I will ask the dealer and see if they know?

Jeka

Reaction score
Expys in Canada are 600A. They do not include the cargo package. My guess is 600B includes the cargo package.

We have to pay $400 for it.
Mine is 600A + $400 Cargo package on top. Built March 13, Canadian