Dim instrument panel in daytime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R WHITENTON

Reaction score
I have a 2012 expedition EL in the instrument panel is so dim I cannot read during the day. The service man at the dealership said he could see them just fine. Other people agree with me.

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
MAY HELP (?): https://www.capitolsubaru.com/service/information/why-vehicle-dash-lights-are-out.htm

ALSO: Why are my dash lights dim?
Your alternator might be going bad if your headlights and/or dashboard lights start to flicker and become dim. Once the dash lights or headlights dim, it is a clear indication of alternator malfunction. You may also notice that your power seats and windows will start working at slower speeds.Feb 28, 2017

PLUS: Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the “on” or “accessory” position. Then, turn on your headlights. Locate the dimmer switch for your lights. Most vehicles have a dashboard light control switch that will dim the dashboard lights as well as turn them off.

Last edited:

ChrisRCNY

Reaction score
I keep too much junk in my dash tray, I've had stuff slide over the sensor, drove me nuts until I notice it. I wish there was a Forscan setting to change the dash brightness ratio, given that I drive around with headlights in all the time.