Dimension of cargo area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rysmoore1

Reaction score
Hi all,

My wife and I are in the market to buy a 2018+ Expedition or Expedition Max. I really want the max, but they are so hard to find near me to get the measurement I’m looking for.

Anyways, can someone please post measurements of the red line for both the expedition and the max? We have dog kennels that need to ride in the back with us and I’m trying to figure out if they will fit with the 3rd row up. TIA

Attachments

• D36502EE-3367-4CD6-A91F-E3F60E9D4717.jpeg
    D36502EE-3367-4CD6-A91F-E3F60E9D4717.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 21

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure someone with an '18+ will chime in with actual measurements, but it would have to be an awfully small dog crate to fit behind the 3rd row in the standard length.

OP
OP
R

rysmoore1

Reaction score
I'm sure someone with an '18+ will chime in with actual measurements, but it would have to be an awfully small dog crate to fit behind the 3rd row in the standard length.
Yeah, they’re not small but was thinking if I got the short expedition I could have one sideways and one long ways with one of the seats down. I just need to know the measurements to see how they would fit in each, respectively

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How tall are your kennels? The seats are reclined slightly, so there is less room the higher up you go. There also 3 different situations.
1. Standard recline: pretty comfortable
2. Fully reclined: most comfortable
3. Least reclined: not very comfortable

OP
OP
R

rysmoore1

Reaction score
How tall are your kennels? The seats are reclined slightly, so there is less room the higher up you go. There also 3 different situations.
1. Standard recline: pretty comfortable
2. Fully reclined: most comfortable
3. Least reclined: not very comfortable
So the ones I have are the roughland SUV kennels so they have a slant back at the top to account for that. Are you able to give me that floor measurement of yours either the max or short? I’m considering both! Thank you!

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the ones I have are the roughland SUV kennels so they have a slant back at the top to account for that. Are you able to give me that floor measurement of yours either the max or short? I’m considering both! Thank you!
32.5 in center. 31 at the very edge.