Disable 3rd Row Seat Recline Buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any way to disable the 3rd row's seat recline buttons on both sides? Or a clever way to block them? I have two car seats in there for my toddlers and they are constantly playing with the buttons. It's driving me nuts. Thanks in advance.
How about a lock out cover for the switch? They have all kinds and different sizes. Instead of screwing on the cover use double sided tape. (the strong tape like what they use for vent covers)
You put it on with that tape them little rascals aren't going to get it off.

Tape link

91tnNRUqL0L._SL1500_.jpg

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How about a lock out cover for the switch? They have all kinds and different sizes. Instead of screwing on the cover use double sided tape. (the strong tape like what they use for vent covers)
You put it on with that tape them little rascals aren't going to get it off.

Tape link

View attachment 70794
Great idea but use velcro, little fingers may not be strong enough to remove.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow that IS a damn weird place for the buttons

Pretty sure they shouldn't work when you're in drive, but that still leaves the kids with plenty options to mess with em at other times
As the others said, those buttons are not the buttons that collapse the seats. They simply provide a way for rear passengers to adjust the incline of the 3rd row while they're sitting there.

It is also great because the "default" incline of the third row does not allow me to fit 2 dog kennels in the back with the 3rd row up. Using those buttons I can move the seat back more vertical and get both kennels in. (One of the benefits of a Max...actual usable cargo space behind the 3rd row!)