1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disable DRLs on a 2016 XLT

Discussion in 'How To Section' started by AngryBird, May 19, 2017.

1. HavasuMike

HavasuMike Full Access Members

Is there a package to add the controls to make them running lights?

2. barrydu4

barrydu4 Full Access Members

I had a 2012 Ford Expedition Limited and I had the Dealer turn on the DRL's with the computer. This was before it was a standard option. On my 2013 Ford F150 XLT they would not enable the DRL's because it was not a fleet vehicle. Hope this helps.

3. deweysmith

deweysmith Full Access Members

It's an option, a dealer should be able to turn them on for you. They may refuse, but it's not impossible, no matter what they tell you. It's just an option in the computer. You can do it yourself with the right cables and software.

barrydu4 likes this.
  4. HavasuMike

HavasuMike Full Access Members

Can you do it with Forscan?

5. deweysmith

deweysmith Full Access Members

I believe so, yes. I plan to try to change my DRLs to switchback turn signals when my cable finally shows up but until then…

6. Ellison Brown III

Ellison Brown III Member

I own 2004 Eddie Bauer and 2016 XLT Expeditions. The ‘04 is not equipped with DRL’s as Habbibie mentioned.

My ‘16 had DRL’s as it was a Certified Pre-Owned that previously served as an Avis Rental.

The DRL feature can not be turned off without going into the computer with the proper software. A trip to the dealer may be necessary to turn them on/off.

I actually prefer the feature stays on for safety reasons. I wish they were off for the occasions I go to work... I have to access military installations which require you to turn off your headlights as you approach the gate guard. When I turn the lights off they don’t actually turn off as the DRL feature kicks in. So, I have aftermarket HID’s shining in their eyes. None of the guards have complained; not yet.