Disappointed 22 Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nrotik021

Reaction score
Coming from a 2020 Platinum to a 2022 platinum. Wear ear plugs In this one. Not as quiet with the wind noise, massaging seats sound horrible and annoying, whistling from the mirrors, and all the dinging sounds coming from all the tech failures as you drive. Ford missed the upgrades on this over the 2020.. nice looking wheels though.

brettmag

Reaction score
Wow that’s too bad. How many km/miles have you driven so far?

I have a 2022 Expedition Max Ltd on order but now second guessing my decision. Other option I was considering is a Q7.

OP
OP
N

nrotik021

Reaction score
Turn massage seats on or off have to go main screen and hit the expectation button to get out of it.. didn’t have to on 2020. Have to hit ok after you put seat belts on or that stays on in the dash for a few minutes. Why do I have to acknowledge I put my seat belt on??

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Turn massage seats on or off have to go main screen and hit the expectation button to get out of it.. didn’t have to on 2020. Have to hit ok after you leave it seat belts on or that stays on the dash for a few minutes.
is this because turning on/off the massage function in the 2022 occurs via the 15 inch screen? I worry with the loss of dedicated hard buttons and increased digital interfacing via the large screen, previously straightforward procedures might become increasingly discombobulated.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you saying the 22 is louder due to more wind and road noise, or that the mirror is whistling, causing it to sound louder? Does the 22 seat not have the side button to turn on massage seats like the 18s did? Does it ride worse than your 20 as well? Can you not adjust the safety settings to be less intrusive? Trying to understand what the disappointing factors, whether it's the apparent lack of user friendliness, and issue eith your particular vehicle(the mirror) or the overall vehicle feels worse than previous.

OP
OP
N

nrotik021

Reaction score
Are you saying the 22 is louder due to more wind and road noise, or that the mirror is whistling, causing it to sound louder? Does the 22 seat not have the side button to turn on massage seats like the 18s did? Does it ride worse than your 20 as well? Can you not adjust the safety settings to be less intrusive? Trying to understand what the disappointing factors, whether it's the apparent lack of user friendliness, and issue eith your particular vehicle(the mirror) or the overall vehicle feels worse than previous.
So the road noise is worse than the 20 platinum. On the 22 the seats they have 4 different massage options with each having three intensity levels. So when you use the seat button, it will default to your last massage setting but will put the seat adjustments on the whole 15” screen (except the temperature controls) until you to touch the top left of the screen. The seats will stay on until you push the side button, but then the seat screen comes up again and will not turn off until you touch the top left. So even with a route planned in the navigation the seat mode stays on until turned off.

The seat massage noise is so loud that you have to have the music turned up or it’s very overwhelming compared to my 18 navigator and 20 expedition platinum.

while using the adaptive cruise, the blu cruise will turn off and on constantly, depending on what road and lane you are in. This causes dinging noises coming on all the time. This is not caused by my hands not being on the wheel but what lane and road you are on. While the blu cruise is on I am always fighting the wheel all the time.. if I just let the truck center in the lane like it wants, it tells me to put my hands on the wheel, even though I am holding it lightly.

You could be driving on the main expressway for 15 miles it will tell you ‘Hands free” mode, which is great.. take your hands off the wheel and it might be good for a short distance, then it will turn off.

I think the tech has the potential but at this time, it is not tested enough to make it a smooth relaxing driving experience.

carnevallemarcelo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Meant to quote you… please elaborate. How come?

The Q7 stiff drive ,space and even road refinement are not comparable.

We had a 18 blue prestige. It feels sporty and has a great chassis.

Great car do not take me wrong - however myself and my wife rather prefer our Expy Max in every single sense, specially for long trips.