Discount Ford Parts - Seat Heater Cushion TED Blower Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airfix

Reaction score
Ever since I bought my 2016 Exp the drivers seat heater didn't work. The passenger side was fine. It was a weird issue because when I did an autostart with the seat heaters on auto the drivers side seat back would warm up, but the cushion would not.

Anyway I used ForScan and saw that under normal operation when you turned on the seat heater the seat back would warm up but due to the difference in temp between the seat back and the cushion it would kick off and report a fault.

Today I switched the passenger seat cushion thermal electric device (TED) over to the drivers side and low and behold the drivers side now works and obviously the passenger side does not.

Anyway the latest part number for the module is 9L1Z14C724C. My local ford dealer wants $609.81 for this little plastic blower fan and electrical element. Looks like it should be no more than a couple of hundred.

Anyway online I've found one for just a little over $300.

Does anybody have a good source for Ford parts, maybe from an online store or even a scrap dealer?

Where is your favorite and cheapest place to source Ford specific parts?

Cheers

Airfix

justinp16ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a used one on eBay for the seat back.Been working for me for over a year. $63 out of a wrecked expedition.

OP
OP
A

Airfix

Reaction score
Yeah the seat back one retails at the dealer for about $190 which is why I was shocked at the seat cushion one retailing for over $600.

Cheapest one on ebay I've seen is $300.

rslynes

Reaction score
Sometimes those 'plug-in' connectors on the seat elements go to heck due to continuous high-amperage loads, too. Ford is notorious for crappy metals in the pins.