Disengage Collision Assist Audible Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackedOutFox

Reaction score
This past weekend I rear-ended another vehicle in heavy traffic. The collision took place under 7 mph, so damage was minimal, but enough to push in the front bumper and damage the radar sensor for the Collision Assist/Active Cruise Control. Now, I receive constant alerts approximately every 5-10 minutes informing me that Collision Assist is unavailable; the audible alarm is annoying and quite distracting. For this same reason, I'm unable to turn off Collision Assist on the dashboard menu, probably because the vehicle constantly senses a fault.

As timing would have it, we're also moving this week to South Carolina from Pennsylvania. I'm not putting it into a shop until we're in SC to save me the trips back and forth. Is there any way to disengage the audible alarm in the interim? I'm dreading driving for 13 hours with the constant beeping.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This past weekend I rear-ended another vehicle in heavy traffic. The collision took place under 7 mph, so damage was minimal, but enough to push in the front bumper and damage the radar sensor for the Collision Assist/Active Cruise Control. Now, I receive constant alerts approximately every 5-10 minutes informing me that Collision Assist is unavailable; the audible alarm is annoying and quite distracting. For this same reason, I'm unable to turn off Collision Assist on the dashboard menu, probably because the vehicle constantly senses a fault.

As timing would have it, we're also moving this week to South Carolina from Pennsylvania. I'm not putting it into a shop until we're in SC to save me the trips back and forth. Is there any way to disengage the audible alarm in the interim? I'm dreading driving for 13 hours with the constant beeping.
If you pull the fuse does it stop?

OP
OP
B

BlackedOutFox

Reaction score
I solved it. I thought the sensor was lost in the accident, but it was dangling behind the frame. I just unplugged it and no more chime! It was too easy and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner.