Does anyone use the door code instead of key to access vehicle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never used the keypad, but there are some good suggestions in this thread.

The best thing I did after purchasing my Expedition was using Forscan to customize features. The first change was disabling the double honk.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I try to leave key in the car and leave after locking, it honks at me and unlocks. How do you keep it from doing that?
@giraffenut , it sounds like what you're trying to do is lock the doors from inside the vehicle while the door is open, and then close the door while the key is inside. The way to avoid the honk and auto-unlock is to exit the vehicle with the doors unlocked, close the door, and then hit the 7 and 9 keys on the keypad simultaneously to lock the doors from the outside. Make sure you know the code to get back in, or have a spare key accessible, before you do.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
I know there are people on here who use it and leave their damn keys in their car.
That's dumb as he-double-hockeysticks. Sorry, not sorry. Cars have 'walked away' around me due to that exact reason.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know there are people on here who use it and leave their damn keys in their car.
That's dumb as he-double-hockeysticks. Sorry, not sorry. Cars have 'walked away' around me due to that exact reason.
If someone smashes my window and gets into the vehicle and then finds the key... well... have at it.

Dvercher

Reaction score
Sorry but - Nice to live in place where that don’t happen. Hide the fob and key in all the time. Break-ins leads complications for the offenders in our area - so no worries