Dog ramp suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Abrams

Reaction score
We have a 12 y/o Rhodesian Ridgeback who is having difficulty jumping into the back of our Expy Max now. Has anyone bought a pet ramp? And if so, which one?
Appreciate any recommendations.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our dog refused to use a ramp. It was a worthless purchase. I just pick our 12 YO 80lb lab up and set her in. Our 1 year old lab jumps in no problem. They both jump out.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our dog refused to use a ramp. It was a worthless purchase. I just pick our 12 YO 80lb lab up and set her in. Our 1 year old lab jumps in no problem. They both jump out.

Same. I bought a ramp for our senior Golden and she refused to walk up it. I ended up just picking her up too. After a while she would just stand by the back and wait to he hoisted into the truck.

OP
OP
Matthew Abrams

Matthew Abrams

Reaction score

thanks. Our guy is not a fan of me picking him up and my wife can’t pick him up. What ramp did you try?

zoey2015

Reaction score
I’ve been using a Petstep folding ramp for our two GSDs for 5 years now. It looks similar to the WeatherTech. I bought it on Craigslist from a guy who used it to load his DJ gigs. It took me about 3 minutes for a couple of up/down for each of the two dogs. Both GSDs have strong food and toy drives and I used food to lead and encourage them. After that, they go on the ramp happily.