door lock problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRambo90

Reaction score
Having a problem wit my door locks I gotta 00 expy xlt and they are sticking and making a swishy noise and they won't unlock wit the keyless remote what can it be

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the SAME problem. But its my unlock. In the car or the remote.

Locking works good. Well decent.

robbieg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was having the same problem with my Town Car and it was the actuator's in the door.

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 99 I just bought was doing the same thing when trying to unlock with the key fob. It would take several presses of the key fob to get the doors to unlock, mainly the rear and passenger doors. I then took some lithium grease and sprayed the actuators and rods and it works good now.

2000ttownexpy

Reaction score
The 99 I just bought was doing the same thing when trying to unlock with the key fob. It would take several presses of the key fob to get the doors to unlock, mainly the rear and passenger doors. I then took some lithium grease and sprayed the actuators and rods and it works good now.

do you have to take door panels off to access these? trying some lithium grease sounds like a good option to try before I go buy new actuators..