Door not sensing open 13 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slimsurgery

Reaction score
Hello All:

I'm new to the forum. I'm having this issue with my 13 expedition that I have had since I bout it used 2 years ago. When driver side door is open, the expedition doesn't know it's open. No alarm, no dome light, and most annoying radio stays on. All other doors work no problem and alarm when open. Not sure what the problem is and how I can fix it. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
S

Slimsurgery

Reaction score
So I am posting this in case someone else runs into this problem. I had the problem above with the expedition not knowing driver side door is open. I did not have any door ajar errors. I figured I try to fix it with the door ajar method that others have posted, but changing the door jam switch. Well after a bit of struggle I successfully changed it and now issue gone. When I open the driver side door, dome light turns on and radio finally shuts off. Been dealing with this for 2 years of radio staying on. Hope this helps someone.